Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis Newsletter May/June 2020
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENTS CORNER – Well, May came and went with much of the same. ZOOM meetings continue on a weekly basis keeping us up to date with ALL of our many activities!! My best wishes to all to remain safe and healthy as we look forward to the partial openings of some of the businesses and services we enjoy and have missed.
• It’s Scholarship season and we are enjoying participating in the Virtual
Graduation Programs at each of our three high schools.
- We awarded one $1000.00 scholarship to Bobbee Cresci from YosemiteHigh School.
- We awarded two $1000.00 scholarships to Emma Hagen and CalebWensloff from Glacier High School.
- We awarded two $1000.00 scholarships to Rebecca Townsend andPayton Poore from Minarets High School.
- Officers and Directors for next year have been selected. They are: JoeCooper, Pres., Jim Rice, Pres. Elect., Dori Hartman, Sec., Jerrie West, Treas. & John Lassos, Past Pres. Directors for 20-21 are Vicki, Harvey, Rich, & Dave. Directors for 20-22 are Ed, Steve, Mike, & Gary.
- Gary Marshall has agreed to be our Club. Rep to the OCC Bd.
- A resignation has been received from Michael Sesto as he is in the process of moving to Georgia. Good Luck to Michael and family!
- Sharon Smith has been re-elected as Lt. Gov. of Div. 5. Our Congrats go out to Sharon!
- Chicken Dinner Drive Thru Meal opportunity. Contact Ram if you can help and tell your friends. The dinner will be on June 13th from 4 – 7 pm in the parking lot of the OCC. The Menu is BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, beans, potato salad and garlic bread for just $12.00.
- “Run for the Gold” Car Show is still on track.
- Our Newsletter is going on vacation – Vicki, Bill and Audry, the dog, aretravelling to Wisconsin by car in Mid June to their cottage and will return Mid October!Wishing everyone a HAPPY SUMMER!