Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis NewsletterDecember 2018
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT’S CORNER –
As we head to the end of 2018, I would like to wish each club member and their families a Happy and Joyous Holiday.
We have had a great 2018; let us work together to have an even better 2019. We had a fun Inner Club meeting with East Fresno Club, sharing each others upcoming events. It was great having them at our meeting. My thanks to all who helped with our Breakfast with Santa event with no snow!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- Mini Grants – The Awards Program will be Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 . We have 18 Mini Grants to award.
- Breakfast with Santa – 400+ kids and adults were served breakfast before visiting with Santa . Details to follow.
- Outpouring – See Suzy Ruhe to sign up for what food to bring
- Kiwanis Christmas Party – Bring on appetizer or dessert for 8 and an optionalunwrapped gift for a VCH kid.
- East Fresno Club joined us for an Inner Club
- Girl Scout Troop 3041 made a presentation to the board re: their 12 days ofXmas benefit to 2 needy families. Members are asked to make monetary orgift card donations. See Vicki for details.
- Minarets Girls JV Basketball was granted $100.00 towards sponsorship of theirteam.DECEMBER EVENTS
Dec. 1 – Breakfast with Santa.
Dec. 3 – Board Meeting
Dec. 4 – Bus. Meeting
Dec. 10 – Kiwanis Christmas Party at the OLC at 5:30 pm Dec. 11 – DARK; no meeting
Dec. 18 – Mini Grants Award Program
Dec. 23 4-8 pm – Outpouring at the OCC
Dec. 25 – MERRY CHRISTMAS. DARK – no meetingFUTURE EVENTS
Jan. 1, 2019 – HAPPY NEW YEAR. DARK – no meeting Jan 7 – Board Meeting
Jan . 8 – Bus. Meeting
Jan. 15 – Ari; Exchange Student
Jan. 22 – TBD
Jan. 29 – Juan Ortiz; Minarets Media Bus March 16 – BINGO
April 7 – Woodcarvers Convention