Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis Newsletter December 2019
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENTS CORNER – December is already here and everybody is preparing for the Christmas Holiday. We served over 450 attendees at the “Breakfast with Santa “ fundraising event through episodes of rain. It didn’t stop Santa from making his arrival to the delight of a lot of kids. My thanks to all members and high school volunteers.
Fifteen Mini Grant Awards will be presented to local elementary and middle schools on Dec. 17 .
Please keep our member, Paul Holmquist, in your thoughts. He is at St. Angus Hospital.
I want to wish all members and their families a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR and safe travels throughout this hectic holiday season.
- Girl Scout Troop 3041 have identified 2 families for their “Twelve Days of Christmas “ service project. We have been asked to help with delivery of packages. Vicki will have the sign up sheet on the 13th.
- The Board has agreed to budget $100.00 annually to Manna House.
- AN UPDATE FROM RON GREENWOOD – The family business is alive andwell, but has changed their name to “Greenwood Enterprises” and are still happyto take care of your heating and air conditioning needs.
- OUTPOURING – is Dec. 23! Vicki will have the sign up sheet and delivery infoon the 13th.
- Raffle Items for BINGO – Please bring your items starting at the Jan. 7th meetingDECEMBER EVENTS
Dec. 2 – Board meeting cancelled
Dec. 3 – Business meeting
December 7 – Breakfast with Santa
December 10 – Dark
December 13 – Xmas Party @ OLC at 5:30 pm (Hearty Appetizers and Desserts) December 17 – Mini Grant Awards Program
December 19 – Cook Pancakes at Minarets HS
December 23 – Community Outpouring
December 24 – DARK
December 31 – DARK
March 7, 2020 – BINGO