Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis Newsletter
Bob Spinelli, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT’S CORNER –Well we are in the heat of things, literally.
The weather is hot and our events are also heating up. The two big fundraisers that are on the horizon are the Golden Chain Kiwanis Night out with the play of “Oklahoma”, and then, we have the 16th annual Car Show in September.
It has been brought to my attention that there have only been a few members that have purchased tickets for “Oklahoma”. Every
member should be willing to support these events by purchasing
tickets for the show. For the car show, your able bodies are
needed to make the car show a success. So please make yourselves available to help.
The Car Show has had some very good sponsors and it would be
only fitting to tell them you appreciate their support and shop
locally by supporting them when you need any of their products.
Our Major Sponsors are Fresno Lexus, Sierra Telephone, Bud
Light/805, Redman’s Machine Shop, Coarsegold Car Care,
Yosemite Bank, Grocery Outlet and Sullivan’s Pro Tires (who is
providing the Tri-Tip and bottled water for the Car Show).
Have a great July!
- “Oklahoma” Golden Chain Fundraiser in August. Tickets are $25.00/guest. There are only 4 tables left so get your tickets from Dori SOON! The next Golden Chain Comm. Meeting will be on July 17 after the regular meeting.
- “Run for the Gold” Car Show meetings will be weekly after the regular Tuesday meetings from now until the Car Show.
- Remember to get your check for $50 or a tube of M&M’s filled to Harvey for MMQ. No date set yet for the laying of quarters. Date of DCM at VCH to present a check will soon be announced.
- Minarets High School Home Coming Game Service Project – On Oct.12 we will be cooking hamburgers, hot dogs and loaded nachos provided by MHS for this fun event!
- CLE class for new officers will be on Aug. 25th from 8 – 3 pm
- SAVE THE DATE – Sept. 11 will be the Installation of New Officers and
Directors. Place is yet TBD.
- ROAD CLEAN UP – TOO HOT right now! More info later.
July 4 – CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY!
July 9 – Board Meeting
July 10 – Business Meeting and Scholarship Recipient Presentations July 17 – Breaking the Chains – Arien Pauls
July 24 – Cars – Roger Yoder
July 31 – Senior Respite Care – Jennie Flaherty
Aug. 6 – Board Meeting
Aug. 18 – “Golden Chain Oklahoma Fundraiser”
Aug. 25 – CLE Training
Sept. 7&8 – “Run for the Gold” Car Show
Sept. 11 – Installation of Officers and Directors
Oct. 12 – MHS Service Project