Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis NewsletterNovember 2018
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT’S CORNER – As we head into the end of 2018 let us all remember what the goal of Sierra Oakhurst Kiwanis is to all of us: to serve our community, mountain schools and children; we all need to work together to aacheive our goal.
Our Mini Grants are in process, with awards to be given later this year.
Dec. 1st we will cook for the Children’s Museum of the Sierras. It’s always a fun event to see the excited children come to see Santa.
We will dark on Tuesday, Nov. 20 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday: enjoy your time with family and friends.
Our Holiday Party will be on Dec. 10 at the OLC. Bring an appetizer or dessert for 8 to share. Kids toys and gifts may be donated for the kids at VCH. (Please no jewelry and stuffed animals)
- Mini Grants – The Mountain Area Educators have all been notified via e-mail with application information, and rules and regulations for submission. Applications are due back to Kiwanis by Nov. 16th.
- Samaritan’s Purse Boxes – The filled boxes will be collected through the 6th
Nov. Eleven members participated filling 21 boxes, contributing $630.00 and 11 hours!
- Family Fun Festival – WE participated in the Fun Festivl and hope to have gleaned a couple of new members. This event was poorly attended.
- Bike Program – All schools have chosen to have bikes as their reward with the exception of OES who would like Gift Cards to be used at their Book Fair.
- Taco Bar Night – Plans are being developed towards this fun night.
Nov. 3 – Family Fun Festival at OCP
Nov. 5 – Board Meeting at the Lutheran Church @ 8:00 am
Nov. 6 – Business Meeting
Nov. 10 – DCM @ 8:00 am at ARC Loewen Acheivement Center, 4490 E. Ashland, Fresno Nov. 13 – Kiwanian of the Day
Nov. 20 – DARK – No Meeting HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Nov. 27 – Women in Business
Dec. 1 – Breakfast with Santa.
Dec. 23 4-8 pm – Outpouring at the OCC
March 16 – BINGO