- Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis Newsletter October 2019
- John Lassos, PRESIDENTPRESIDENTS CORNER – I am happy to report our Car Show was very successful, thanks to Chair Bob Spinelli and all the members and volunteers. Moving on, 166 members and guests enjoyed the second night of production of the play, Peter Pan, along with a tasty dinner at the GCT. Special mention should be given to the “dog”, who was played by Ed and Carol George’s grand daughter!Many thanks to Chair, Rich Mc Crea who pulled the entire event together and made it look VERY smooth! Thanks to all members and families who helped. Mini Grant applications will be sent out this week to the Mountain Area elementary and intermediate school educators with a planned awards program in mid December. Thanks to Jim Rice who is working with YHS to develop a Key Club. Remember it takes ALL members working together at our events to make them successful…………………………………………………………………………………John
- BOARD NOTES• Each member of the Board was given a budget worksheet to prepare and return to the Treasurer before the next Board meeting.• Preliminary results are in for the “Run for the Gold” Car Show and it looks like wedid as well or a bit better than last year.• Golden Chain Theater event was reviewed. We may try to do the event earlier inthe year, perhaps Aug. and may consider other sources to provide food.• Mini Grant applications will be sent out to educators this week.• Lt. Gov. assessment of $15.00/member has been agreed by the Board.• Mike S. will make contact with Mtn. Home School to see if they may be interestedin starting a K Kids Program.• Samaritan Purse Boxes are available at all meetings through October from Vicki. Due date for filled boxes is Nov. 5th. A $9.00 fee must accompany each box.
- OCTOBER EVENTS
- Oct. 8 – Bus. Meeting
- Oct. 15 – Ed Guzman, Sierra Ambulance, New Project
- Oct. 19 – Lt. Gov. Family Day at Blackbeard’s
- Oct. 22 – Installation Meeting with Lt. Gov. Sharon Smith
- Oct. 29 – Senior Center, Lynda Lawrence (Pres.)
- FUTURE EVENTS
- December 7 – Breakfast with Santa
- December 13 – Xmas Party @ OLC at 5:30 pm (Hearty Appetizers and Desserts)
- December 17 – Mini Grant Awards Program
- December 23 – Community Outpouring
- March 7, 2020 – BINGO
Aaron Hall, 4 year Key Club member and Officer, was accepted to West Point and told his story to the membership. Congratulations!
Community Service Award was presented to Mike and Mike Jr. Sullivan for their contributions to the entire community, as well as, the Kiwanis.
Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis NewsletterJune 2019
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENTS CORNER – Here we are in June. Summertime is upon us with those temps in the triple digits. Our club needs to reclaim the title of “Best Ribs” at the annual Community Center Rib Fest on June 22! There are still many opportunities to help with this event, so please do contact me. We are also starting our BIG push to prepare for our 17th Annual “Run for the Gold” Car Show. This is a big fundraiser and we need all members to get involved to have a successful event…Do your part! Remember we work together to be a successful club!
- We are saddened to learn that our member, Betty Holmquist , is in Hospice and her husband and our member, Paul Holmquist, is in the hospital with an infection. Our thoughts go out to them both.
- We will be purchasing Key Club Advisor Guides
- We are supporting Sober Grad Night and the Student Internship Program atFresno Flats
June 3 – Board Meeting at the Lutheran Church at 8:00 am
June 4 – Bus. Mtg.
June 11 – Kiwanis Awards Program
June 12 – STI Breakfast – Mike Lindman is Chair
June 18 – Golden Chair Jr. Players Program
June 22 – Rib Fest – Rich Mc Crae has tickets
June 25 – Aaron Hall – MHS Graduate appointee to West Point Military Academy
July 1 – Board Meeting
July 2 – Bus. Meeting
Aug. 15 – 17 – Dist. Conv. in Las Vegas
Sept. 6-7 – “Run for the Gold” Car Show – See Bob S. to sign up to help. Oct. 5 – Golden Chain Theatre – Peter Pan