Posted on Nov 26, 2019
LT. Gov. Sharon Smith Recognizes Harvey Left for his service to the Kiwanis Miracle Mile fundraising for 8 yrs.
Sierra-Oakhurst Kiwanis Newsletter November 2019
John Lassos, PRESIDENT
PRESIDENTS CORNER –
Well, here we are in the month of November. What a great turnout we had for the first DCM of Lt. Governor Sharon Smith’s year; really our ten members were there in support of Harvey Left, who was given a special DSA award for his hard work in chairing the Div. 5 “Miracle Mile of Quarters” program for many years, huge congrats to Harvey!
Our next event will be cooking breakfast for the Children’s Museum of the Sierra’s ” Breakfast with Santa”. Lets get the word out to the community so we have a super attendance and remember there is something for everyone to do to make this event run smoothly. We will be “dark” no meeting on Nov. 26th so we can all enjoy our Thanksgiving time with family and friends. AND REMEMBER, GOBBLE TIL YOU WOBBLE……………………………………………………………………….John
- SAMARITAN PURSE BOXES – We had a great response again this year. Thanks to the following members who participated. Bob S. (1), Rich McCrae (1), Dori Hartman (1), Harvey Left (2), Steve Ham (1), Heidi Close (1), Vicki Burkhalter (2), Jerry and Julia Webber (15), Mike Sesto (1), Jerrie West (1), Ed and Carol George (6) and John Lassos (2)
- 10 members attended the DCM on Nov. 2. Harvey Left was given a special DSA award for his years of managing the Miracle Mile of Quarters. Over the years he was instrumental in raising about $200,000.00 for VCH!
- THE ESTIMATED BUDGETS FOR THIS NEXT YEAR FOR FOUNDATION AND ADMINISTATIVE ACCOUNTS WERE APPROVED.
- To date 7 Mini Grants have been received. The deadline for submission is Nov. 15th.
- YHS Key Club is on hold until we see if there is more interest.
- A chair is needed for our Christmas Party on the 13th of December. If we do not have a chair by the 19th of Nov., the party will be canceled and we will have a regular meeting on the 10th
- Girl Scout Troop 3041 will again be doing their “Twelve Days of Christmas”service project to 2 identified families by providing them with various “goodies” for the 12 days ending with a gift spectacular on Christmas Eve. Members are asked to contribute and to assist with delivery of gifts.
Nov. 4 – Board meeting at OLC
Nov. 5 – Bus. Meeting and Girl Scout Presentation
Nov. 12 – County of Madera (Mary Ann) “Updates within our County”
Nov. 19 – Jannai Pero “Health”
Nov. 26th – HAPPY THANKSGIVING Dark – no meeting
December 7 – Breakfast with Santa
December 10 – Dark if we have a Christmas Party, otherwise we will meet!
December 13 – Xmas Party @ OLC at 5:30 pm (Hearty Appetizers and Desserts) tentative December 17 – Mini Grant Awards Program
December 23 – Community Outpouring
March 7, 2020 – BINGO